Adding Node links to a filtered group

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kiler40
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Adding Node links to a filtered group

Post by kiler40 » 04 Mar 2013 13:14

Hello everybody.
I have created a big graph and create some groups. And of course there are nodes that are linked from one group to another.
My question is if i have applied a filter that shows only one group, can i add edges and nodes to this filter without changing information in the data table.

In the attached picture, there is the filtered part of the graph, and i want to add nodes that are connected to the "E47F-A" node.

Sorry if my question is not clear.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Andrew
Attachments
example.jpg

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Adding Node links to a filtered group

Post by seinecle » 07 Mar 2013 21:40

Hi,

Anything you add on the screen will also appear in the data table.

If you want to add new nodes and edges in the filtered graph, without that they appear in the initial (unfiltered) graph, you should export the filtered graph to a new workspace and do your additions of nodes and edges there.

To export your filtered graph in a new workspace, just filter your graph as you already did, and then click on the icon in the Filter panel (you should find an icon which, when moused over, shows "Export to new workspace".)

A workspace is basically a different subproject in your project. Workspaces are independent from each other. You navigate from one workspace to another with the little menu at the bottom right corner of the Gephi window.

I hope this clarifies?

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable