[FIXED] Selective Labels? Labels on Some, Not All?

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lcherny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] Selective Labels? Labels on Some, Not All?

Post by lcherny » 19 Apr 2010 13:33

Hi,

I am now exploring Gephi for a talk I'm giving. I can't see if there is a way to show labels for only SOME nodes, not all -- I can see the T button turns them all on, or off, but not how to control it for certain nodes. Is there a way that I am missing, or do I need to regenerate my file with only some labels included?

Thank you,
Lynn

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Selective Labels? Labels on Some, Not All?

Post by mbastian » 19 Apr 2010 13:56

The possibility to selectively hide labels will be available in an upcoming release, but you have some workaround.

First note you can only show labels on the nodes you're currently selecting. To do that, open the visualization properties bar, find Labels tab and select "Hide non selected" option. By combining this option with Global > "Autoselect Neighbour" you see labels of selected nodes and their closest neigbours.

You can use the ranking module to set size to labels, and in this way make labels you don't want to see very small. Go to Ranking and locate the label size icon Image. Then use the degree or any metric result to set label size according to these values.

lcherny

Post by lcherny » 19 Apr 2010 14:00

Ah, excellent - those are fine workarounds. Thanks!

Benjamin

Post by Benjamin » 29 Mar 2011 10:36

Hi,
I have tried the 'Hide non-selcted' option and it works fine so far. But does it only work in the Overview? I have not found a solution yet to show these selected labels in the Preview. As soon as I check the box 'show labels', it shows all labels again. Could you help me out?

THX

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 30 Mar 2011 02:54

Did you updated your version (Help > Check for updates)? I think this a bug that has been fixed.