[SOLVED] Extra large edges(s) in graph?

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cheezburger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Extra large edges(s) in graph?

Post by cheezburger » 15 Jan 2012 20:37

Hi, I hope someone can explain to me the following. I have tried to search through documentation but haven't been able to find it...

On some of my graphs I notice one or a few very large arrows (see attached jpg).
Can anyone explain to me
(a) Why/under what conditions will they get plotted
(b) what they represent
(c) and how I can remove these extra large arrows or change them to normal size?
They are obscuring my view of the nodes and edges.....
03 15-Jan.jpg
Many thanks!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Extra large edges(s) in graph??

Post by seinecle » 16 Jan 2012 23:07

Hi,

These thicker edges mean that they have a larger "weight". You can check that in the data laboratory panel: therein, selecting the "edges" view (which is not very obvious to find sometimes...), do you see a "Weight" column? If you have different values in this column, the thickness of your edges will reflect them.

Also, you might have inadvertently used the "ranking" panel. There, ranking for nodes is the default. But if you click on "edges", you will enable the resizing of edges according to a given attribute - well, if you edges have attributes, such as "Weight" or else.

Does it help?

Best,

Clement

cheezburger
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by cheezburger » 18 Jan 2012 15:15

Hi Clement,

Thanks for your clarification!!!

You are right, this shows the edge weights.

Funnily enough I had looked into edge weights a few days ago but didn't make the link because my edges should all have weights of 1. Therefore this means that I may have coded a small number of links incorrectly (whoops) - which should be the case for this table.

However I could not change the size of the edges from the Ranking table - it seems to only work for the edge colour. How do I change the displayed edge weight, assuming I have a datatable that actually has different edge weights?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 18 Jan 2012 15:44

Hi,
Also you can set all edges weight to 1 easily in data laboratory:
Select edges table
Click on fill column with value and select weight column
Put 1 and accept.

Eduardo