[SOLVED] How to get the subgraph of the subgraph?

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
thecoolboy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] How to get the subgraph of the subgraph?

Post by thecoolboy » 12 Oct 2011 23:42

I have an interest network obtained from Livejournal website. Using that dataset,

1- I want to visualize my network(this works, don't worry).

2- Then, using modularity, I want to have clusters(communities) of this network. (I can do that too).

3- Using modularity again, I want to get the the clusters(communities or partitions) of that subgraph.

4- If needed, I want to get the subgraph of the subgraph of the subgraph.

So, how can I accomplish the step 3 and the step 4 ?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to get the subgraph of the subgraph?

Post by eduramiba » 13 Oct 2011 16:57

Hi,
For analyzing subgraphs, a good strategy is to create a workspace with that subgraph and run statistics, layout... on it.

The steps are:

1. Run modularity on your graph
2. Create a Partition filter and select the partition(s) you want to filter.
3. Once applied the filter, click on Export filtered graph to new workspace
4. Switch workspaces and work with them (you can rename workspaces in Workspace menu for clarity)

Eduardo

thecoolboy

Re: How to get the subgraph of the subgraph?

Post by thecoolboy » 13 Oct 2011 20:29

Yes it worked, finally it worked. Thank you so much for the wonderful answer.