Exploring a multigraph in time

Visual manipulations and refinements
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rjalex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Exploring a multigraph in time

Post by rjalex » 02 Mar 2019 12:07

Dear friends,
I have built a multigraph with networkx and exported it to GEXF.

The nodes are authors of scientific papers and each edge connects to a coauthor for a given publication.

So for example I could have A and B coauthoring three papers in 2019, 2018 and 2017 and this would appear as two nodes and three edges between them.

The graph is medium sized, approx 10.000 authors and 90.000 edges.

What would you suggest to explore the graph time wise? Is there a way to have a slider from 1990 to 2019 and while sliding it only show edges for that year?

I can do this with filters but need a way for end users that do not know how to use Gephi to do the same.

Also another question.

What would be the easiest way of "summing" all edges into one with the weight being the added number of edges?

Thank you very much.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable