After installing Graph Streaming plugin, no service available on 8080 port

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
yuling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
After installing Graph Streaming plugin, no service available on 8080 port

Post by yuling » 06 Mar 2018 01:00

Hi All,

I'm trying to get Graph Streaming plugin working. After installing it from Gephi UI and restart it, I was not able to find the service listening on port 8080
netstat -an|grep 8080
unix 3 [ ] STREAM CONNECTED 68080179
unix 3 [ ] STREAM CONNECTED 68080178

curl "http://localhost:8080/worspace1?operation=getGraph"
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8080: Connection refused

It seems that the Graph Streaming plugin was not started. Any idea how to trouble shoot this issue? Is there any logs in Gephi that I can check?

Thanks,
YuLing

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: After installing Graph Streaming plugin, no service available on 8080 port

Post by eduramiba » 06 Mar 2018 09:49

Did you click on the start server button? Also make sure your 8080 port is free for Gephi to use.

Some usage example: https://tbgraph.wordpress.com/2017/04/01/neo4j-to-gephi

Also check if your Gephi is in english, otherwise the "workspace" is translated (a bug).

yuling

Post by yuling » 07 Mar 2018 00:31

Where is the start server button? I couldn't find it in the Available Plugins wizard?

Yes, I was following that blog for installing the plugin...

My Gephi is in English...no worries.

Thanks,
YuLing

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 07 Mar 2018 15:37

I think you can open the streaming window in the 'Window' menu

yuling

Post by yuling » 07 Mar 2018 19:08

Thanks very much!

I found the Master Server...but I'm using a VNC viewer, right click is not enabled. I was not able to find a menu item to start the server? Any idea?

Thanks!

YuLing

yuling

Post by yuling » 08 Mar 2018 03:17

Hi,

I actually just connected Gephi with Neo4j following https://tbgraph.wordpress.com/2017/04/01/neo4j-to-gephi. However, it seems that the newly added data points from Neo4j to Gephi is "static". I won't join the layout that I created earlier with previous data points. Also the statistics visualization such as the Node size by Page Rank does not pick up on the newly added data points. Instead, I had to run the statistics again in order to apply the visualization on the new data points.

Is there any way to apply the same visualization design on the newly added data?

Thanks,
YuLing