Launch issue on CentOS 7

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CentOS7user
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Launch issue on CentOS 7

Post by CentOS7user » 02 Sep 2016 04:41

Good evening,

I have installed Gephi 0.9.1 on my CentOS 6.7 desktop machine successfully. It runs when launching the gephi shell script file. Test/Demo graphs display well.

Did the exact same install process on my ThinkPad T520 CentOS 7.1 and when using the "start application" option from the options menu for the gephi shell script the swirly status indicator clocks for 30 or so seconds then disappears. Nothing is displayed.

Not sure how to find log files or how to enter into debug mode for the script to detect where the badness is happening.

Both the desktop and laptop have 64 bit CPUs, and Open JDK 1.8.0 exact same version.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Launch issue on CentOS 7

Post by eduramiba » 02 Sep 2016 08:48

You can check messages.log in user directory https://github.com/gephi/gephi/wiki/Troubleshooting

Probably a graphic drivers crash.

CentOS7user

Re: Launch issue on CentOS 7

Post by CentOS7user » 03 Sep 2016 03:20

I did some rummaging around. Did not find the messages.log written to the application directory or subfolders. That said to me that Gephi wasn't able to get to the point in its load to even write a log file.

I adjusted the java home path in config file and that did not help. After reading through the documentation a bit it seems there are some hints that the app needs graphics adapters like ATI or Nvidia for those who game (3D acceleration). This ThinkPad is not a gaming machine, has Intel HD 3000 chip, which supports OpenGL 3.1 but I'm not sure that is good enough for Gephi/Java in this case.

The home box is a small 64 bit job with a mini-AT style mobo. Probably has the right graphics adapter built on the board, just by chance.

It would be helpful if there was a debug mode switch option in which the launch script, and subsequently the Gephi internals could be verbose about problems found while attempting to start.

That's what I have come up with so far.