Compilation Error

Problems with getting it running
shaunroach
Gephi Plugin Developer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Compilation Error

Post by shaunroach » 13 Jul 2010 00:10

I get an error when compiling Gephi 0.7alpha4. I get the following error:

/home/sroach/Downloads/new/gephi-0.7-alpha4.sources/DesktopLayout/src/org/gephi/desktop/layout/layer.xml:8:106: Attribute "bundlevalue" must be declared for element type "attr".
/home/sroach/netbeans-6.9/harness/suite.xml:175: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/sroach/netbeans-6.9/harness/common.xml:320: /home/sroach/Downloads/new/gephi-0.7-alpha4.sources/DesktopLayout/src/org/gephi/desktop/layout/layer.xml is not a valid XML document.

I looked at the line in layer.xml and it looks OK to me:

<attr name="displayName" bundlevalue="org.gephi.desktop.layout.Bundle#CTL_LayoutAction"/>

Any help someone could provide would be great.

I have: netbeans 6.9
Ubuntu 10.04
Gephi 0.7alpha4

Thanks for your time.

Shaun

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Compilation Error

Post by mbastian » 13 Jul 2010 12:46

Hi, did you downloaded the source archive 0.7alpha4 or from the trunk ?

shaunroach
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by shaunroach » 13 Jul 2010 15:47

Thanks for your help.

I downloaded from the downloads page, with this link:

http://launchpad.net/gephi/0.7/0.7alpha ... ources.zip

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 13 Jul 2010 16:12

Ok, with these sources you need to use Netbeans 6.8 to build it. We migrated to Netbeans 6.9 recently, so the trunk is working with 6.9. You can look here how to checkout the code.

shaunroach
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by shaunroach » 13 Jul 2010 16:34

Awesome. That worked.

Thanks very much for helping me.

Shaun

shaunroach
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by shaunroach » 15 Jul 2010 01:15

Another issue:

I am now trying to go back and compile with NetBeans 6.8. I am using their last 6.8 release, and also the release of gephi from this link: http://launchpad.net/gephi/0.7/0.7alpha ... ources.zip.

When I try to build the project I get this error:
/usr/local/netbeans-6.8/harness/suite.xml:172: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/usr/local/netbeans-6.8/harness/build.xml:165: Cannot compile against a module: /usr/local/netbeans-6.8/platform11/lib/org-openide-util.jar because of dependency: org.openide.util > 7.31.2.1
BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

Any ideas why this might happen? Do I need an older version of netbeans?

Thanks

Shaun

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 15 Jul 2010 10:35

Hi, this problem seems to be a netbeans 6.8 bug that happens when updating, and for some reason does not copy updated jars to the netbeans 6.8 install directory.

It happened to me at first and I fixed it copying the updated org-openide-util.jar from "C:\Users\[Your user]\.netbeans\6.8\lib" (this is in Windows 7) to "C:\Program Files\NetBeans 6.8\platform11\lib".

If it happens with other jar, try to do the same.

shaunroach
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by shaunroach » 16 Jul 2010 01:43

Thanks very much, that did the trick.

I got the plugin working and published (I think) I am posting a couple extra questions in the plugins forum.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 16 Jul 2010 13:48

Hi,

The plug-in has been approved and is now available to every Gephi user though the Update Center.

http://gephi.org/plugins/alchemyapi-plugin/

shaunroach
Gephi Plugin Developer

Post by shaunroach » 16 Jul 2010 15:35

Great! Thanks