Unable to run GEPHI on Windows 10 with latest Java

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MerlinBrasil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Unable to run GEPHI on Windows 10 with latest Java

Post by MerlinBrasil » 24 Sep 2015 22:10

The logo comes up, says loading cached objects, waits for 10 seconds then exits with no word or error msg.

If there's a log file, I'm not seeing it.

I ran Gephi before on Windows 7 about a year ago.

Is nobody keeping Gephi current? I *really* need to use it for my current project!

Any help appreciated

Best,
Merlin

MerlinBrasil
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Unable to run GEPHI on Windows 10 with latest Java

Post by MerlinBrasil » 02 Oct 2015 09:13

202 Views and not one response??? (Plus an email direct to the Admin which has yet to be answered...)

Is anyone running GEPHI on Windows 10 and, if so, with what version of Java?

MerlinBrasil

Post by MerlinBrasil » 06 Nov 2015 17:10

Over 1200 views and not one single comment or suggestion. And still no response to my email to the head honcho here.

Windows 10 and perhaps a Java upgrade seemed to solve the problem for a week. Next Windows 10 upgrade seems to have broken it again.

Now Gephi won't start and provides a most helpful "JVM Creation Failed" message, then quits.

I've seen some postings as to how one can fiddle with two vars in the .conf file, but that did not solve the problem.

I'm baffled as to how, with 24GB of RAM, this could be a problem.

When GEPHI is running, particularly with the 3D plugin, it's really gorgeous.

However, when you spend the majority of your time trying to get GEPHI to boot...... well, how fragile is this program?

I don't think I've found any program quite so frustrating, and consider that I've been using and writing programs since 1977!

A little help from the "community" wouldn't hurt either.

Khepfere

Post by Khepfere » 15 May 2016 16:38

I also can't get Gephi to run on Windows 10 with the latest Java. Gephi- please look into this and respond to this thread

MerlinBrasil

Post by MerlinBrasil » 15 May 2016 16:47

I finally got the 32 bit version running, but no luck with 64 bit

Please don't hold your breath waiting for help or support on this here.