Gephi fails to start on Windows 7

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sarahkarmy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gephi fails to start on Windows 7

Post by sarahkarmy » 25 Nov 2014 02:48

Would anyone be able to walk me through this apparently common challenge in setting up Gephi? I am working on Windows 7. I have made sure that my graphics card is up to date. Additionally, I have downloaded the newest versions of Java for both 32 and 64 bit after reviewing several of the threads about the topic. Perhaps Gephi is not connected to Java correctly? If that is the case, I am not sure how to fix the issue. Thanks for your help!

GlorimarCastro
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gephi fails to start on Windows 7

Post by GlorimarCastro » 29 Nov 2014 15:01

I was having the same problem in Windows 8, and the problem was having the newest version of Java. I installed the jdk1.7.0_71 version, and changed the gephi.conf file to point to this Java version instead of the jdk1.8 version. To change the gephi.conf file I use the next instructions: https://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 712#p10712 Hope this help you

ErickBeebe

Post by ErickBeebe » 09 Dec 2014 14:19

So what version of Java is the absolute latest we can install? Thank you.

jayanc

Post by jayanc » 05 Jan 2015 00:32

gephi 0.8.2 worked for me with jre7 ( not with jre 8) on windows 7.

jk2004s

Post by jk2004s » 29 Jun 2016 23:05

I updated the gephi.conf file with jdkhome="C:\Program Files\Java\jre7"
Still can't launch gephi.
getting a msg box with can't locate specified java location......
Can someone help me with how to fix this problem?
I installed Gephi_0.9.1