win8.1:openGL too old to display the graph & no update found

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
merynema
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
win8.1:openGL too old to display the graph & no update found

Post by merynema » 08 Aug 2014 09:15

Hello,
I have windows 8.1 on my HP probook 4510s (32bits). when runing gephi i have a message saying that my version of openGL is too old (1.1.0) to display the graph.
when willing to update my graphic driver (mobile intel (r) 4 series express chipset family Microsoft corporation WDDM 1.1), the driver can't be installed because of 'compatibility problems'.
I knew that the openGL versions supported by my laptop system are only 1.2 and 1.4.
I searched for hours and hours for those versions but i found nothing. appearantly even openGL 2.0 is not supported by windows 8.1 (or 8). this problem have been noticed in fact by a lot of people !

i read somewhere that it is possible to choose between openGL and directX in gephi. Is it true? Please how? I can't find..
i installed directX, the last version, supported by my OS because it is a windows product, but it is not selected by default by my graphic card so that it can be used automatically by gephi.

How can i solve this? I can't find a solution and i absolutely need to install Gephi. I am hopeless,help please

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable