Gephi & Windows 7 x64

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DCGump
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gephi & Windows 7 x64

Post by DCGump » 27 Jun 2014 20:21

I am having trouble getting Gephi to work with my company's install of Windows 7. Via the start menu absolutely nothing happens. When I try to run the application from the command prompt, I get the following error message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Gephi-0.8.2\bin>gephi.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Gephi-0.8.2\bin>

The launcher has determined that the parent process has a console and will reuse
it for its own console output.
Closing the console will result in termination of the running program.
Use '--console suppress' to suppress console output.
Use '--console new' to create a separate console window.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: \lock (Access is denied)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:547)
at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:383)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.execute(MainImpl.java:190)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:85)
at org.netbeans.Main.main(Main.java:78)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:697)
at org.netbeans.CLIHandler.initialize(CLIHandler.java:383)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.execute(MainImpl.java:190)
at org.netbeans.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:85)
at org.netbeans.Main.main(Main.java:78)

I have looked through the forum and found the "fix" for java under windows 7 and applied it as so in the gephi.conf file:

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome <dir> switch

jdkhome="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7"

However, still no joy. I am running Java 7 update 55

Any help would be appreciated.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable