Gephi wont run after messing about with java install

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
drdavidpier
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gephi wont run after messing about with java install

Post by drdavidpier » 30 Apr 2014 12:42

I had gephi working nicely on my windows 7 64bit machine just doing a normal out of the box install. However, I installed android studio which uses the java jre and sdk and I had to do a lot of messing about with this to get it to work including adding some JAVA_HOME paths. Now Gephi boots initially but then exits before the main program loads.

I have changed my .conf file (shown below) and I have added PATH to the value of C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05

What can I do to fix this?

# ${HOME} will be replaced by user home directory according to platform
default_userdir="${HOME}/.${APPNAME}/0.8.2/dev"
default_mac_userdir="${HOME}/Library/Application Support/${APPNAME}/0.8.2/dev"

# options used by the launcher by default, can be overridden by explicit
# command line switches
default_options="--branding gephi -J-Xms256m -J-Xmx1400m -J-Xverify:none -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -J-Dnetbeans.indexing.noFileRefresh=true -J-Dplugin.manager.check.interval=EVERY_DAY"
# for development purposes you may wish to append: -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome <dir> switch
jdkhome="\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05"

# clusters' paths separated by path.separator (semicolon on Windows, colon on Unices)
#extra_clusters=

rarezhang
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gephi wont run after messing about with java install

Post by rarezhang » 01 May 2014 18:34

I think I got the same problem !!
https://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3387

jeyraghu

Re: Gephi wont run after messing about with java install

Post by jeyraghu » 01 Sep 2014 20:17

I also had the same problem. Rarezhang's post has the solution. Use Java 7.