Gephi 64 bit won't start on Win 7 and Win 8.1 [SOLVED]

Problems with getting it running
niatilova
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Gephi 64 bit won't start on Win 7 and Win 8.1 [SOLVED]

Post by niatilova » 03 Nov 2014 00:06

You know for me it worked like magic, I installed gephi on my windows 8 and it wouldn't lunch, i disinstalled all the version of JDK JRE I had and installed this "jre-7-windows-x64" and it worked quikly

KafkaOnTheBeach
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by KafkaOnTheBeach » 09 Nov 2014 17:13

I had the same problem as described here. gephi64.exe was clicked, 3 secs trying to open and nothing happened.
First possible reason : JRE 64 bit is not installed
Second reason ( in case it is installed, but java 32 exists): Java 32 bit version is default in path
That was my case. I just uncommented (#) jdkhome in gephi.conf file (resides in etc folder) and set it to my Java 64 path
jdkhome="C:\Program Files\Java\jre7"

and it worked out.

alinastoica

Post by alinastoica » 10 Nov 2014 17:04

Had the same problem, Gephi just crashed before starting. Solved by uninstalling Java 8 and installing Java 7.