Gephi 0.8.2 fails to load (Mac OS 10.6.8)

Problems with getting it running
coryandrewtaylor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gephi 0.8.2 fails to load (Mac OS 10.6.8)

Post by coryandrewtaylor » 29 Apr 2013 18:52

I've installed Gephi 0.8.2 beta, but when I try to run it, it fails to start up. The Gephi icon will appear in my dock and bounce for a couple of seconds, and then disappear. I tried installing and running 0.8.1 as well, but the same thing happened.

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Gephi to see if that would help, but it did not. Curiously, when I went to delete my user files under Library/Application Support/gephi, the Gephi folder wasn't there.

I'm running Mac OS 10.6.8, with Java 6 installed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

nazipe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gephi 0.8.2 fails to load (Mac OS 10.6.8)

Post by nazipe » 01 May 2013 22:26

hello,
Gephi fails to load on Mac OS X Version 10.8.3 too.
But the strange thing is that Gephi loads when I run it directly from its disk image (the dmg file is mounted as Gephi, on the list of DEVICES).
--Ziya

sofmac

Post by sofmac » 29 Aug 2013 18:17

I am running MacOS 10.8.4 and have the same problem as Ziya: Gephi 0.8.2-beta loads from the image, but not when I install it. The load icon appears and then I get an empty Gephi window with all menus being empty.

However, Gephi 0.8.1 installs fine and I am running that.

-Sofus

erikafille

Post by erikafille » 31 Aug 2013 18:46

Same issue as Ziya and Sofus. If I'm loading Gephi 0.8.2-beta from the image, it works fine. However, if I'm running it from the Applications folder (installed), the Gephi window opens, but it's just a gray empty window, with all menus empty.

Currently running on OSX 10.8.4.

Thanks all.

- Erika

annechao

Post by annechao » 03 Sep 2013 17:04

Why is it that I can run Gephi 0.8.2 beta on my PC Windows 7, but can only run Gephi 0.8 alpha on my MAC OSX 10.7.5? My university IT person could not figure out the problem either. Any suggestions?

morganrogers

Post by morganrogers » 19 Sep 2013 16:09

I also get this problem on OS X 10.8.3. I can run Gephi fine from the downloaded .dmg, but the windows and menus turn up empty once copied into and launched from Applications.

It's really irritating as I need to increase the allocated heap size which I can't do with the download.

Has anybody found a workaround?

Thanks
Morgan

Having looked in the logs, I found I was having the same problem as this guy->https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues/722

Deleting the gephi folder in /home/users/[user]/Library/Application Support worked a treat.

yusanlin

Post by yusanlin » 01 Nov 2013 20:22

Hey guys,

I've been struggling with this issue, too. And I couldn't find any solution to solve it.
Fortunately, I found it in a forum of a online course I'm taking. One of the students in that class suggested:

Re-install your Java by going to the following link:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

And my Gephi 0.8.2 worked :D

Cheers!! ;)

yusanlin

Post by yusanlin » 01 Nov 2013 20:35

oops sorry! I need to make a correction.
For me this solution doesn't work for Gephi 0.8.2 but works for Gephi 0.8.1

kcchhipwadia

Post by kcchhipwadia » 17 Nov 2013 08:22

Help.

I have Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5. I have installed Gephi 0.8.2 several weeks back, and have been able to use it without issue until this morning. Gephi opens, pop-up window comes up to ask me if I want to open a new project or an existing file. No matter which I pick, the everything is grey, and the cursor has a revolving blue ball (as though it is processing). If I click on anything within Gephi, it all freezes. Even if I close Gephi, and try to launch it from a .gephi file, same results. The only thing I changed on my computer was to install NetBean last night.

I reviewed the related posts, and tried to uninstall Java 7 and re-load Java 6, but not sure if I'm doing it right. Not a programmer. Essentially nothing changed on my computer over the past few weeks. I have been able to get Gephi 0.8.1 to work (thankfully). Any advise on how I can restore Gephi 0.8.2 would be appreciated.

leninja

Post by leninja » 26 Nov 2013 20:15

I'm facing the same problem. The OS X of my computer is the 10.9.

I've tried to install the previous gephi version, 0.8.1, but the message i got was: gephi can’t be opened because it proceeds from a not identified developer.

Any clue?