Re: Graph visualization

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Avani Gade
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Avani Gade » 11 Apr 2013 22:31

Hello
I have a graph which is taken from Programmable web it is a mashup of different API's,i have this in a text format so i have converted it to a '.net' file using pajek to visualize the graph in Gephi so far so good.This Graph is a directed graph and has many independent nodes.
When i visualize the graph using a layout i cannot see the individual nodes as all the nodes seem to be connected.
Can anybody help me to find if there is a way i can be able to see the independent nodes too or is there a particular layout for it.

Any help will be appreciated !!
Thank You!!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 15 Apr 2013 07:01

Hi,

Using Force Atlas 2 you can increase the parameter called "Gravity", or even use the "Stronger Gravity" tickbox: this has for effect to bring all nodes closer to the center of the screen. Isolated nodes that were lost in the infinity are brought back to being visible.

Best,

Clement

Avani Gade
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Re: Graph visualization

Post by Avani Gade » 15 Apr 2013 16:38

Hello,
Thank you so much i would surely try that.
I have another question is there a possibility that i can colour my mashups and the API's with two different colours??

Thank you!!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Re: Graph visualization

Post by seinecle » 15 Apr 2013 16:49

Yes, colors for each node can be edited in the "Edit" panel. Use as many colors as you want.