[SOLVED] Gephi 0.8.1 don't start on Win7

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Elenaher
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Gephi 0.8.1 don't start on Win7

Post by Elenaher » 29 May 2012 11:03

Hi,

I have tried to install Gephi on my laptop running Win7 but I am totally unable to use it :
When it starts, I get the two windows (the main and the blocking "Welcome" windows) but all seems to be frozen.
I had installed an old release some time ago and it was working but now it freezes at startup (I deleted the .gephi file for the old install but it didn't change anything). I've also tried to install gephi on a desktop with a similar OS configuration and it freezes as well at the beginning.

Laptop short config : NVIDIA NVS 3100M ; Intel Core i5 ; 4Gb RAM
Desktop short config : NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290 ; Intel Core2Duo ; 8Gb RAM

Thanks a lot for any help or advice !

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gephi 0.8.1 don't start on Win7

Post by eduramiba » 29 May 2012 11:31

Hi,
Do you have a proxy?
We had a problem with proxy configuration and latest update checking.
If you disable the proxy/connection and install Gephi 0.8.1 updates, it should not freeze on startup anymore.

Eduardo

Elenaher

Re: Gephi 0.8.1 don't start on Win7

Post by Elenaher » 29 May 2012 13:14

Hi,

Thanks a lot ! That was indeed the problem : my two computers were behind some corporate proxy ; I have started gephi without internet connection and then modified manually the settings of gephi so now I can launch it anytime !
I am currently updating to 0.8.1 to be sure that all is ok.