[SOLVED] can't read a GML file

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
roymarsten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] can't read a GML file

Post by roymarsten » 10 May 2012 21:44

I just downloaded gephi-0.8.1-beta and am running OS X 10.7.3 on a Macbook Pro. I can select the lemiserable demo file and it all runs fine. I have a collabs.gml file that I can't open. When I specify *.gml files it is light grey, so it is not being recognized as a gml file. What could be wrong? A friend sent me the file and said I could use it with gephi.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: can't read a GML file

Post by admin » 11 May 2012 16:24

Did you update Gephi using Help > Check for Updates?

I can't reproduce this bug on Windows.

roymarsten

Post by roymarsten » 11 May 2012 17:21

I just did the "Help > Check for Updates" and got a bunch of updates. (I didn't know that I was supposed to do this.) But it still does not recognize my .gml file. Can I send you the file? It is small, only 148KB.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 12 May 2012 18:14

I don't have a Mac, and GML files are recognized on my computer. Don't specify *.gml but all files instead, and try to load the file.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 15 May 2012 02:39

You probably don't have a GML file but rather something like 'LesMiserables.gml.txt' and Mac won't show you the extension.

You can rename this file from the terminal
> mv LesMiserables.gml.txt LesMiserables.gml

roymarsten

Post by roymarsten » 15 May 2012 17:29

Yes, that's what happened! Mac OS X was hiding the .txt part of the file name! It was really coauthors.gml.txt.
Now it is fine. Thank you for your help.