[SOLVED] Problem with gephi script file (Ubuntu 11.10)

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
eelcoherder
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Problem with gephi script file (Ubuntu 11.10)

Post by eelcoherder » 10 May 2012 21:32

I downloaded Gephi 0.8.1-beta for Linux and unpacked it into ~/Downloads/Installs/Gephi/gephi/ .
My Java version is: java version "1.6.0_26", Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03), Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode). That should work.

However, when running the (unmodified) startup script (sh gephi), I get the following error messages:
----------------------
: not found
gephi: 29: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting "in")
----------------------

I guess I have overseen something entirely stupid. Could anyone of you help me to get Gephi started with the above info? Many thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Problem with gephi script file (Ubuntu 11.10)

Post by admin » 11 May 2012 16:25

Is it related to this bug?

eelcoherder

Re: Problem with gephi script file (Ubuntu 11.10)

Post by eelcoherder » 11 May 2012 17:08

admin wrote:Is it related to this bug?
Yes, it is! My download was already >1 month old and I didn't see any indications (e.g. new version number, date) that a new version was available. Now it works like a charm. Thanks.