OpenGL configuration

Problems with getting it running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
k0ala1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
OpenGL configuration

Post by k0ala1 » 02 Apr 2012 13:50

I just installed version 0.8.1, and the preview pane displays an error message below saying my OpenGL version is too low. Is there any way I can get things to run properly in the following setup:

Product Version: Gephi 0.8.1 beta 201202141941
Java: 1.6.0_31; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 20.6-b01
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; en_GB (gephi)
User directory: C:\Documents and Settings\koa\Application Data\.gephi\0.8.1\dev
Cache directory: C:\Documents and Settings\koa\Application Data\.gephi\0.8.1\dev\var\cache

Machine: Lenovo X200
Graphics: Mobile intel 4 series express chipset family

Thanks, cheers
k0ala
gephi_opengl.jpg
gephi_opengl.jpg (13.16KiB)Viewed 6930 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: OpenGL configuration

Post by eduramiba » 02 Apr 2012 15:10

Hi,
Try to update your graphic card drivers
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Eduardo

k0ala1

Post by k0ala1 » 02 Apr 2012 17:49

The linked tool produces an error, but I updated my chipset driver to the most recent version (OpenGL 2.1.0 - Build 6.14.10.5294), and the error message has now disappeared!

However, new issues have appeared in the Overview pane (graph window). For instance, when the "Mouse selection" tool is active, clicking on a node has no effect -- the clicked node is not selected. Luckily, the "Rectangle selection" tool replaces the "Mouse selection" tool; it allows both to select nodes with a rectangle, and to click individual nodes (able to cumulate them by holding down CTRL).

Does this behavior have anything to do with OpenGL?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 02 Apr 2012 18:31

Hi,
That behaviour is normal, the mouse selection only selects a node while it is over the node.

Eduardo