What "open" in file menu?

Problems with getting it running
JamesFrye
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: What "open" in file menu?

Post by JamesFrye » 13 Jul 2010 17:07

I was getting the same issue on WinXP. When I started up, I noticed I was getting a message that Java runtime 1.6 was needed and I was running 1.5--even though I had already updated to 1.6.

As it turns out, I had another application that had 1.5 embedded in its own directory rather than calling the common Java directories. That directory was shown in the Java Control Panel as well.

I moved that application's folder to a new location (since I didn't use it anyway) and this seemed to take 1.5 out of the "known" Java version locations in the Java Control Panel. I deinstalled and reinstalled Gephi just to be safe, and it worked fine upon restart.

So, this seems to come about from some Java version incompatibility. Might be a place for users to start to debug their own machine.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mbastian » 14 Jul 2010 21:51

Thank you for sharing this experience here, I hope that will help others, as for now I don't have the solution of this problem!

qadmon

Post by qadmon » 15 Jul 2010 10:08

I'm using Mac OS X 10.5.8, I run into the same problem, but I managed to get Gephi running.

First, I went to the Java Control Panel (/Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences) and unchecked Java 1.5 from the list of Java applications (I left only Java SE 6 checked).

Then, I followed the instructions given by pault here: http://forum.gephi.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... rt=10#p713 Here they are, to save one click :D :
-----

* Remove Gephi from the application folder
* Delete the folder/username/Library/Application support/gephidesktop/
* Install Gephi again

Seems like that fixed it for me.