[SOLVED] 3D point cloud (x,y,z) from 3D graph

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
fsalim
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] 3D point cloud (x,y,z) from 3D graph

Post by fsalim » 11 Feb 2011 05:49

Hi all,
I'm a newbie, and I'm very impressed with Gephi given the fast and beautiful visualisation results that I can get from large network data.

I wonder if it's possible to do a snapshot of a 3D graph at a point in time and export the nodes as it's being visualised as 3D point cloud data (x,y,z) + probably other attributes such as: node id, node size, color, etc and edges as pair of nodes (node1, node2)?

I'd like to write the visualisation out in csv. I would like to use these data later in other platforms such as Processing for example.

Regards,
Flora

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: 3D point cloud (x,y,z) from 3D graph

Post by seinecle » 11 Feb 2011 20:09

Hi Flora,

Yes, to do that you:

- select the "filter" tab.
- select "dynamic" filter in the library of filters, and drag and drop it in the bottom window ("queries").
- in "dynamic range settings", open the timeline (the toggle button is a bit misleading: button "close timeline" actually means that the timeline is currently open)
- in your timeline, select the time window that you are interested in.
- on top of the filters tab, you have a button "reset" with 3 icons on its right. The second one is to export the network as currently displayed to a new workspace. Export.
- with the exported graph: you save it as a gexf (the export command in the File Menu).

I hope I understood what you were asking for!

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable