Import data from JDBC/ODBC?

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kuntul
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Import data from JDBC/ODBC?

Post by kuntul » 08 Feb 2011 00:06

Has anyone tried to import the data using JDBC/ODBC? If yes, how can you do it?

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Import data from JDBC/ODBC?

Post by mbastian » 13 Feb 2011 06:02

Have you tried the 'Import Database' function? Go to File > Import Database.

We use JDBC and supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQL Server.

If you have any other requirement, you can always make a Gephi Plugin to support your database.

kuntul

Post by kuntul » 25 Feb 2011 22:16

I would really like to write a plugin as I have a JDBC and the backend is not either using MySQL, PostgreSQL, nor SQLServer, but we have no idea where to start. I looked at the wiki page and there wasn't any instructions on how to write a DB connector.

andyesi

Post by andyesi » 04 Mar 2011 20:05

I am too very interested in writing a custom DBConnector for a database other than MySQL, SQL Server, or PostreSQL. Sample code or basic instructions on where to start would be much appreciated.

aircooled

Post by aircooled » 21 Jul 2011 21:27

I have encountered a problem while importing data using JDBC as well. It's a postgresql database running on snow-leopard. Other applications (Matlab for one) have no problem grabbing data from the database but the Gephi (0.8 alpha) keeps on saying that "no suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/database_name". Has anybody encountered the same problem before and could give me a hint? Many thanks.