[SOLVED] Import data from Semantic Mediawiki (Newbie)

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Daniele
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Import data from Semantic Mediawiki (Newbie)

Post by Daniele » 22 Nov 2010 18:12

Hi, I'm looking at Graph streaming for the first time and it seems very interesting. I would like to represent links between pages of a Semantic Wiki. I think you can import a json file created with Semantic Mediawiki (I tried but I can't). Do you know the right way or any other way to do this?

THX, Daniele

P.S. I'm an information visuazation designer and i'm not very able in coding :cry:

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Import data from Semantic Mediawiki (Newbie)

Post by admin » 24 Nov 2010 11:53

Hi,

Could you detail the steps you do by "importing a json file" please?

Daniele

Post by Daniele » 24 Nov 2010 13:04

1. I'm using semantic mediawiki, and I export a JSON file through a query.

The json file looks someting like this:

Code: Select all

{
	"properties": {
		"linkedto" : { "valueType": "text" }
	},
	"items": [
		{
			"label": "MediawikiPagename",
			"linkedto": "another mediawiki pagename",
			"uri" : "uri address",
			"type" : "mediawiki category"
		}
	]
}
2. I go to the streaming panel, I press the plus button and I add the following URL
http://localhost/mediawiki/index.php/jsonfile.json
(I have a localserver installed with wamp)

3 I start Master.
At the end, Master is green while client is red.
Client report says me no issue found and 0 processed events.

Thank you very much for your attention
DANIELE

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 24 Nov 2010 14:34

Hi,

JSON is only a container for the data, but the data itself has to be in a specific format.

As the graph streaming API is made for pushing data in real time, I don't think that it's what you should use. Instead I'm sorry but you need to transform your JSON file to a file that Gephi can import. You'll need the help of a developer.

daniele

Post by daniele » 24 Nov 2010 14:51

THX :)