Adjacency list, but all combinations

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CaseLawMiner
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Adjacency list, but all combinations

Post by CaseLawMiner » 31 Jan 2019 13:19

I have tried looking for an answer, but to no avail. My problem is the following: I have a number of names and I would like to construct a network of with their connections. Generally, they work in groups of three. So, let's assume they follow this scheme:

Code: Select all

ROW 1: Alice, Bob, Carol
ROW 2: John, Kate, Laura
My problem is that, the way I understand it, this would make Alice-> Bob; Alice -> Carol. Not, however Bob -> Carol.

In order to do that right from the outset, I would need to have additional rows with the different combinations. In other words, I would need:

Code: Select all

ROW 1: Alice, Bob, Carol
ROW 2: Bob, Alice, Carol
ROW 3: Carol, Alice, Bob
I am not sure, however, how this could be done. Can anybody suggest a solution?

Thanks!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable