Creating a simple person to location network (with dates?)

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DHistorian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Creating a simple person to location network (with dates?)

Post by DHistorian » 25 May 2018 17:01

Dear All,

I have a list of people and locations and would like to see how many of them are connected by having been in common locations. I've attached an image of my google sheet (obv not all information needs to be uploaded to Gephi.)
Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 11.59.52 AM.png
For those familiar, this is a back end for a GIS.

The next step would be to add the dates that each person was in a location to see any overlaps. However, that can wait.

How would I set up my csvs to create the basic network.

(And if anyone has any ideas about the dates, would love to hear how.

(Note: I am BRAND new at this so I need instructions to be as simple as possible. Thanks so much!)

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Creating a simple person to location network (with dates?)

Post by eduramiba » 28 May 2018 09:01

Hi,

The CSV/excel tutorials here should help you: https://seinecle.github.io/gephi-tutorials/