Importing data from online forums

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pancake-fanatic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Importing data from online forums

Post by pancake-fanatic » 10 May 2018 05:09

Hi everyone, I just downloaded gephi recently for a project and I was just wondering if it is possible to import data from another online forum. I'm not very tech savvy so please be kind!

Some background: I'm doing research for a class on online forums, and I'd like to see how connected the users in that forum are to each other (anonymously, I just want to see the patterns of the nodes). Is there a way I can import data from that site into gephi in order to see how the nodes are connected, or is this asking for too much? I'm not sure how to go about solving this problem in general so any advice about programs or anything is sincerely appreciated!

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Importing data from online forums

Post by eduramiba » 11 May 2018 10:21

You should use the exporting to CSV / excel capabilities of the form and then try to import that data as spreadsheet into Gephi.

Check some of the csv tutorials here https://seinecle.github.io/gephi-tutorials