Importing edge data seems to clear label data for nodes

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Thomas.Bourchier
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Importing edge data seems to clear label data for nodes

Post by Thomas.Bourchier » 29 Apr 2018 15:44

Hi,

Sorry but I am new to Gephi and so I might be misunderstanding how to import data. My plan is to create a project using the attached CSV files via 'Import Spreadsheet'. I import the node data first (from nodes.csv) and all seems well with no errors reported; in particular the data in the Label column is there okay. However when I then import the edge data (from edges.csv), the Label column for the node data is empty. Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here? I have spent quite a bit of time checking the documentation, checking the format of my files and looking at this forum and Google. I seem to be stuck so any help will be much appreciated. Do you see the same behaviour?

I am using Gephi 0.9.2 on Mac OS 10.13.4. I created my CSV files using Calc in LibreOffice 5.4.5.1.

Thank you.
Attachments
Nodes.csv
The nodes file with a populated Label column
(7.26KiB)Downloaded 615 times
Edges.csv
The edges file
(12.12KiB)Downloaded 646 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Importing edge data seems to clear label data for nodes

Post by eduramiba » 30 Apr 2018 10:57

Hi,

When you import the second file, make sure to merge it into the existing workspace, and not create a new one.

Thomas.Bourchier

Re: Importing edge data seems to clear label data for nodes

Post by Thomas.Bourchier » 01 May 2018 10:01

Thank you - I had not noticed that the imports took me to separate workspaces. When checking the previous workspace I can see that the node data is all there.