Importing a Single Edge Attribute

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
shishong
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Importing a Single Edge Attribute

Post by shishong » 28 Mar 2018 06:00

I want to add an edge attribute to my existing workspace by importing that edge attribute column (csv file) into Gephi (0.9.2). I tried the "import spreadsheet" procedure and selected "append into existing workspace." This, however, resulted in concatenating the imported data below the existing rows instead of merging the new edge attribute next to the existing data.

What is the most straight forward way to merge a new edge attribute to the existing edge data? Thank you.

-Patrick

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Importing a Single Edge Attribute

Post by eduramiba » 28 Mar 2018 06:55

Hi, you have to provide the id column too, so rows can be matched

shishong

Re: Importing a Single Edge Attribute

Post by shishong » 28 Mar 2018 19:12

Hi,

I did include the Id column, but it didn't work. I encountered the same result. I wonder if this is a OS X specific issue.
I took the Les Miserable edge data table, exported the table to csv file, added an additional column to this file, and imported this using "Import Spreadsheet." I included the Id column along with the new column I created, but it just wouldn't merge. Instead, it got appended. The appended part were assigned numeric edge IDs that seem to continue to increment beyond the max ID that existed before the import. Please help. Thank you.

-Patrick