Importing node info from edge table

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sal914
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Importing node info from edge table

Post by sal914 » 02 Feb 2018 11:48

I am creating a graph from an edge table, which contains the usual fields source,target,weight. I need to import longitude and latitude data of the nodes since I need to use the geolayout, but I don't know how to fill a whole column in the data lab by copying data from somewhere else. Is there a way to do it without writing lat and lon manually? it is impossible to do it manually if I have a thousand nodes.
I am able to add the lat/lon data to the edge table but then I should move this information to the nodes table.
Thanks for your help.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Importing node info from edge table

Post by eduramiba » 02 Feb 2018 12:42

Hi,
It's not possible to do that at the moment (paste data), you will need to import an spreadsheet directly.
You can append data to existing nodes/edges if your file contains an id column matching the ids already in Gephi.

sal914

Re: Importing node info from edge table

Post by sal914 » 02 Feb 2018 14:02

eduramiba wrote:
02 Feb 2018 12:42
Hi,
It's not possible to do that at the moment (paste data), you will need to import an spreadsheet directly.
You can append data to existing nodes/edges if your file contains an id column matching the ids already in Gephi.
Hi, thanks for your reply. So basically if I create a csv with an "id" column containing the same nodes (I guess the order doesn't matter, or does it?) and my lat and lon columns, and then in the in the nodes table I import the spreadsheet and append it to the nodes table, they should merge automatically. Is this right?

EDIT: yes it works. Thanks a lot for your help.