Problem exporting VNA graph file

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wwishart
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Problem exporting VNA graph file

Post by wwishart » 31 Jan 2018 04:22

I've got a dataset I've been working on in gephi and want to export it back into a program with more statistical options like Netdraw/UCInet.

I've been trying to export using the VNA option for netdraw because it believe that will also carry over my attribute data. However, when export a vna file is created but gephi becomes unresponsive (thought not labeled by windows7 a such) and has to be forced to quit.

I also am unable to successfully open the file in netdraw. It gives me a "not a valid integer value" error, followed by a "access violation at address..." error.

Any troubleshooting tips would be appreciated, either on fixing the vna export strategy or other ways for importing the network and attributes into netdraw/UCInet.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Problem exporting VNA graph file

Post by eduramiba » 31 Jan 2018 11:41

Hi,
Please attach a file and steps to be able to reproduce the problem (preferably in a github issue).

wwishart

Post by wwishart » 31 Jan 2018 14:15

Sorry, new to this and github. Is there a tutorial on github you can reccomend?

I'm running the latest, 0.9.2. with the polygon shaped nodes plugin. When I select the VNA option from the file/export/graphfile Net file, a file is successfully created but afterward gephi is frozen. This occurs every time. I've tried it on two different machines, running macos 10.12.6 and another running windows7- same freezing result.

This is the .gephi of the dataset I'm trying to export to VNA.
2modenetworkD.8.gephi
(226.08KiB)Downloaded 86 times
This is a gexf of the dataset I'm trying to export to VNA.
1modenet.D.8.gexf
(226.5KiB)Downloaded 100 times
Here is the VNA file that is produced before/during the crash (I had to change the extension to txt to upload in this forum).
1modenet.D.8.txt
(101.45KiB)Downloaded 86 times

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 31 Jan 2018 15:02

Thanks, follow this link to create an issue https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues/new