Problems importing Dynamic weight from csv

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Macco_Pe
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Problems importing Dynamic weight from csv

Post by Macco_Pe » 29 Jan 2018 12:42

Hi all,
relatively new to Gephi but manage to create some stunning static network graphs, so very happy with it. Am now moving into dynamic graphs to try and draw some further conclusions from my material. However, I am hitting a wall in trying to get my edges Weight to change over time.

I am running Gephi 0.8.2 as known issues are preventing me from installing Gephi 0.9

I import Nodes and can set the Time interval for them to behave correctly when enabling TimeLine:
merge_from_ofoct.jpg
However, when I import my Edges list with Weight_dynamic column I cannot get it to behave correctly, as in dynamically.
Edge csv.JPG
Edge import.JPG
I get Weight set to 1 for all edges and if I import Weight_dynamic as DynamicString I see the correct values but not the behavior and if I set it to Timeline Gephi imports Weight_dynamic without the actual "Weight" and only the Time-part (seen below):
Edge import 2.JPG
Edge import 3.JPG
merge_from_ofoct (1).jpg
It is the Weight over time aspect that I am most interested in for my study.

I am very much at a loss so any pointers and/or help would be very appreciated.

Kind regards,
M

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Problems importing Dynamic weight from csv

Post by eduramiba » 29 Jan 2018 13:07

Hi,
What is preventing you from using 0.9.2?

You should not use 0.8.2 anymore as it can be no longer supported.

Macco_Pe

Post by Macco_Pe » 29 Jan 2018 13:19

Hi,
I get the same problem as:
https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues/1631
Freezing when "Starting modules"
All "solutions" to no avail, running as administrator, Java dev kit, updated graphics drivers etc. 0.8.2 installs and works fine.

Best,
M

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 29 Jan 2018 13:22

What is in your logs file? https://github.com/gephi/gephi/wiki/Troubleshooting

Did you try to download the .tar.gz distribution instead of using a windows installer? Just decompress and run gephi-uncompressed-dir/bin/gephi64.exe https://github.com/gephi/gephi/releases ... nux.tar.gz

Macco_Pe

Post by Macco_Pe » 29 Jan 2018 13:34

>Log Session: Monday, January 29, 2018 1:29:45 PM CET
>System Info:
Product Version = Gephi 0.9.2 201709241107
Operating System = Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64
Java; VM; Vendor = 1.8.0_152; Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.152-b16; New Oracle
Runtime = Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_152-b16
Java Home = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_152\jre
System Locale; Encoding = en_US (gephi); Cp1252

Get the same freeze at "Starting modules" when using the .tar.gz distribution as previously. Have tried all available Java versions as well.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 30 Jan 2018 19:39

More suggestions are disabling your antivirus or anything that can mess up with programs such as Gephi

Macco_Pe

Post by Macco_Pe » 01 Feb 2018 07:15

SOLVED

I managed to solve my question. Before importing edges convert the Weight column to Dynamic (replacing Weight with Weight_dynamic). Import Nodes as previously but do not enable Timeline yet. Then import edges and set the Weight_dynamic to DynamicString. After this enable Timeline and it works like a treat.