Id of the node : I need text

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GuillaumeVGeo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Id of the node : I need text

Post by GuillaumeVGeo » 03 Nov 2017 14:36

Hi there,

I work with gephi since one month and I have a messy database. The database is usually made on excel then I import it on gephi. That creates nodes with Id in text format.

That I wan't is to be able to clean the database directly in Gephi. For this I need to create nodes, but I would like to have a Id in text format. If I create a node directly in Gephi, I have a node with an Id in Integer format, and apparently I can't modify it.

The main reason for this is when I go in the "Edge" list, I don't wan't an opaque list of integers.

Does somebody have a solution for me ?

Guillaume

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Id of the node : I need text

Post by eduramiba » 03 Nov 2017 15:03

At the moment I think you will need to input your graph data into gephi using a file format, with the text you need in ids, otherwise nodes are created with auto-incremental integer ids.

The simplest format is https://gephi.org/users/supported-graph ... preadsheet

GuillaumeVGeo

Re: Id of the node : I need text

Post by GuillaumeVGeo » 13 Nov 2017 17:24

Ok understood. Thanks for the reply.