Building scientific articles coauthorship network

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rjalex
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Building scientific articles coauthorship network

Post by rjalex » 20 Oct 2017 07:05

Is anyone aware of any asset to extract authors from PubMed articles and build an undirected graph of co-authorship?

What I mean is that given one article with say 4 authors, I will have to build edges between any of them and all others.

Also when I meet the same coauthorship pair should I add weight to the corresponding edge ?

I tried using rentrez from the R package but still need to learn.

Tried using the Flink tool from pubmed plus Table 2 Net and got close but not what I need.

Scripts to achieve this in Perl Python etc ?

Thank you for any suggestion

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable