Merging multiple .gml-files with the same node IDs

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
thefreax
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Merging multiple .gml-files with the same node IDs

Post by thefreax » 31 Jul 2017 22:13

Hey,

I'm an absolute newbie in Gephi and network analysis in general and now having a problem.

I have collected five twitter-account datasets via API (twecoll) in five .gml-files. Now I am trying to merge the five files to create a picture of the whole community around these five twitter accounts. Unfortunately the nodes all have the same IDs (from 0-33/107/150/204/393), so they'll overwrite each other.

How is it possible to merge these five files without any conflict caused by the IDs, that I have one workspace with 887 nodes? Is there a way to achieve it? Or do I make a methodical mistake?

Thanks in advance!

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Merging multiple .gml-files with the same node IDs

Post by eduramiba » 01 Aug 2017 17:56

Do you use append to workspace in the import report? I think nodes' attributes should be combined.

Please try to use the latest 0.9.2-SNAPSHOT https://github.com/gephi/gephi#nightly-builds as this has been improved.
Please also show an example of your desired result and both inputs.