find edges for nodes in texts

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ardbrs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
find edges for nodes in texts

Post by ardbrs » 14 Jul 2017 19:00

Hi at all,

I'm very new to this. I don't know if there is a better section for my question. So don't hesitate to move this thread elsewhere.

Problem: I've got a lot of key terms out of some text, which i want to visualize and therefore Gephi came to my mind. So the key terms will be the nodes but I also need the relationships (undirected edges) between them. Is there any tool that can analyse them mainly out of the box and make an importable file for Gephi?
Along with this question I found an interesting paper http://noduslabs.com/research/pathways- ... -analysis/. At the end of section 2 is described how an algorithm works to convert text into graph data (GraphML). But there are no information about how they did it in detail.

Here are some additional information about my data: The text is stored in Excel. Every row contains a cell with a unique text entry of some sentences. If in one cell any of my key terms co-occure they should become linked later in Gephi. All in all there are about 700 terms and more than 2000 texts.

I would be very thankful if you have advices or references for me :)

ardbrs

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: find edges for nodes in texts

Post by eduramiba » 17 Jul 2017 14:09

Hi,
I recommend you ask for help in Gephi Facebook Group as it's quite active.

ardbrs

Re: find edges for nodes in texts

Post by ardbrs » 17 Jul 2017 16:43

Thank you for your tip! Over the weekend I've made a little script using python and networkx and loop trough my texts. The generated GraphMl looks good imported in Gephi. So I think the thread can be closed :)