Text mining with Gephi

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gasconmar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Text mining with Gephi

Post by gasconmar » 11 May 2017 12:44

Hi all,
I am a public health grad student. I am comparing texts from different countries (all translated into english) to build kind of a "keyword map" for every country.
I am doing it this way:
1. I create a .txt file with all the text from 1 country
2. I use VOSviewer to create a network file from this .txt file and I save it in .gml format
3. Then import the .gml to gephi to get my network map.
(I wanted to use Gephi because i have many options to modify size/colors/move nodes etc than with other softwares like vosviewer for example).

Since I have no experience in data science and 1 month left to finish this, I was wondering if theres a faster, easier, more logical way I should be doing this.

Thanks in advance!!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable