Parallel edges with different kind merged

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sp00ks
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Parallel edges with different kind merged

Post by sp00ks » 05 May 2017 17:14

HI,

I've been following issue #1251 on Github on the subject that parallel edges were no longer merged after the release of Gephi 0.9.
According to the thread, the issue should be fixed now, with an extra feature that only allows those edges to be merged when not only 'source' and 'target', but also 'kind' are exactly the same.
However, when I try importing a spreadsheet (through Data Laboratory > import spreadsheet), parallel edges are all merged, even if they have different values in the 'kind' column, as you can see here (the 'kind' column is defined as 'string' during the next step of the import):
sample_edgelist.png
I've check to make sure I have the latest updates installed, so that can't be the problem.
Am I doing something wrong in my .csv perhaps?

Thanks in advance!
Yanne

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Parallel edges with different kind merged

Post by eduramiba » 05 May 2017 23:33

Hi Yanne,
Edges' kind is not supported in 0.9.1 spreadsheet import, only wight merging was fixed for that version.

The whole spreadsheet import has been redone for 0.9.2 (not yet released). Please try the latest nightly build at https://github.com/gephi/gephi#nightly-builds and report back your results :)