Words in Phrases Incorrectly Treated as Individual Nodes

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jdrouin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Words in Phrases Incorrectly Treated as Individual Nodes

Post by jdrouin » 22 Mar 2017 19:23

I'm trying to create a network graph based on data from literary magazines, using a CSV file. The categories are item title, magazine title, author, genre. The CSV is set up with each row constituting the nodes of a relationship, like this:

item title, magazine title, author, genre

"Vortex Gaudier Brzeska," BLAST, Ezra Pound, Poem

In the graph, "Vortex Gaudier Brzeska" appears correctly, but Ezra Pound does not. Instead there are separate nodes for Ezra and Pound.

The CSV files contains more than 600 rows, so the largest nodes in the graph are English common words like The and for.

I tried editing the CSV file so that each datum is surrounded by quotes, which is better, but it still creates an individual node for each word.

How can I get Gephi to treat phrases such as The Little Review and Wyndham Lewis as single nodes?

Thanks,

Jeff

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Words in Phrases Incorrectly Treated as Individual Nodes

Post by eduramiba » 22 Mar 2017 19:34

I understand you are importing an adjacent list. You can try to surround with double quotes phrases with spaces, since some characters make it behave incorrectly.

The CSV import is currently being improved to fix problems like this in next release.