Connecting all edges to edges

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
maheensiddiqui91
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Connecting all edges to edges

Post by maheensiddiqui91 » 20 Mar 2017 16:47

I am using Gephi to create a network graph, here is a small subset of the data that I have:

ID Label
1 Sleep quality
2 Stress
3 Healthy Eating
4 Tremor
5 Balance
6 Drooling
7 Exercise
8 Mood
9 Speech
10 Parkinson's On-Off

So I want my graph to have these 10 nodes.

Then for the edges, I have:

Source Target User
1 5 5346
5 4 5346
4 7 5346
7 6 5346
6 9 5346
9 3 5346
3 2 5346
2 8 5346
8 10 5346

The "User" column is something I have added to explain the problem I am having. I am using a big database (in SQL) to obtain this data. On a mobile phone app, users select 10 of the different choices available (as listed in the nodes). In SQL I can query the data easily so that I can obtain the 10 choices of each of the users.

It is easy to create a graph with the edges with the information in the edges table but I would also like to connect each edge to all other edges, this is important for me. So for example, 1 connects to all those in "target". Then 5 connects to all those in "target" and so until all nodes are connected to each other for each user.

I can do this manually but the original data set has 2000+ users and this will take a long time. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable