Newbie question about data

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stefanaalten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie question about data

Post by stefanaalten » 06 Feb 2017 13:49

Hi,
Hope someone can help me with this newbie question about how to organise my data? The subject is comics ... well, in Dutch we call them "stripverhalen" and I could go on about the difference in nuance ... but I won't ...

Comics are published in series and I want to show the relationships between different series based on the people who have at one time or another worked on them (in whatever role - e.g. writer, artist, etc. In other words, I'm not concerned about the nature of the collaboration, just about the fact that someone contributed to a series in the first place). Each series has one or more different contributors, and each person may have contributed to one or more series.

So I *think* that the "nodes" will represent "Series", and the "edges" will represent the "Collaborations" - is that right?

If that is the case, how should I lay out my data, in terms of Nodes and Edges and which columns does each require to reflect the relationships?

My theory is that there will be clusters of collaborations but that certain key influential figures "link" the clusters together, and also that there will be some extended relationships - if you like, masters-apprentices and the apprentices then becoming the new masters passing on to others.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Newbie question about data

Post by eduramiba » 06 Feb 2017 15:19

Hi,
I think that sounds right, you can use a simple format like spreadsheet https://gephi.org/users/supported-graph ... readsheet/
Also I recommend you to ask for help in the facebook group too, as it's more active at the moment: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gephi/