[SOLVED] Working with CSV's

Get help with your data
eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Working with CSV's

Post by eduramiba » 15 Dec 2011 00:45

The fix is now commited https://github.com/gephi/gephi/commit/1 ... a37b11e552 and an update should be available soon :)

Eduardo

panklam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [SOLVED] Working with CSV's

Post by panklam » 12 Nov 2012 21:23

I am having a problem maintaining column labels during import. My CSV column labels are:

Nodes / ID / CityState / Latitude/ Longitude / Network / Color / Organization / Short Name

When I import this into Gephi, these are preserved, but Gephi has added columns to the left and right:

Nodes / ID / Label

wherein the content of this Nodes column is the same as the ID column.

(I used to have the column "Short Name" named "Label" but this caused the import to use the contents of those cells as the "Nodes")

Is there something I need to do to keep my own column names intact so that I can get proper results from the edges data?

thanks \

patti

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 12 Nov 2012 22:35

Hi,
The 'Nodes' column is a fake column necessary because nodes table is a tree-table (for nodes hierarchy). And it just always show the Node's id and label.

Label column is mandatory (and id), and they will always appear first. You should be able to name your short name column 'Label' and import the values there.

Eduardo

kamila88

Post by kamila88 » 14 Jan 2013 13:10

Hi,
My problem is:
I import spreadsheet with edges (source;taget;type) and then Gephi create nodes. I want to update label to this nodes with another spreadsheet (id;label) and I want to update only nodes witch are created ealier I don't want new ones. In second spreadsheet I have more nodes than I need, so is it possibility to update only existing nodes?

Loofy_09

Post by Loofy_09 » 07 Jan 2014 10:32

Nice post!