Having trouble deleting edges/nodes

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ecvorst
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Having trouble deleting edges/nodes

Post by ecvorst » 30 Oct 2016 23:41

Hello all,

I am working with several extremely large data sets numbering between 150,000 and 250,000 edges. For my current project, I need to pare these down into smaller groups (e.g. 15,000 edges per data file). I collected this data using the "Twitter Streaming Importer" in Gephi 0.9.1. I am using a Mac with OS 10.11.6, 16GB RAM, and all the latest Java updates.

I figured the easiest way to do this was to make a copy of the parent data file (e.g. the one with 150,000 edges), open that file, and delete the unwanted edges (e.g. 15,001-150,000) to get my smaller sets. I would like to repeat this process for every 15,000 edges.

The problem I am running into is when I highlight the edges I want to delete and right-click on "Delete all edges with nodes..." When I select this option, it only deletes about 100 edges (leaving a staggering 149,900 that remain highlighted). The same happens when I try "Delete All".

Am I missing something? Is there a way to delete these unwanted edges? I have tried exporting to a .csv file to do this with Excel, but it results in a 9.0 GB file that Excel won't open.

Thank you in advance!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable