[SOLVED] Prepping data for Gephi

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cbustaylor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Prepping data for Gephi

Post by cbustaylor » 01 Oct 2010 18:56

Hi all... Is there an easy way to prepare or convert data into the needed format? Specifically, I have a data set that is 30 participants and for each participant I have a list of attributes. However, I have to get that data into a 2-column format (if I understand correctly) with pairs of attributes per person. Any way to convert that quickly... or can enter the data just 1 row per person with as many attributes as they have? By the way, I'm planning on using excel (csv).

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Prepping data for Gephi

Post by eduramiba » 02 Oct 2010 16:35

Hi, I think that the new Data Laboratory feature 'Import CSV' available in the new Gephi 0.7 beta can be useful for you depending on your data and needs.

You can read a manual here http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Import_CSV_Data
I hope it helps :)

Gogolo

Re: Prepping data for Gephi

Post by Gogolo » 09 Nov 2010 22:11

Ucinet has a matrix data import. Gephi can import ucinet files.
Olivier