Parallel edges with other format than CSV

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vberten
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Parallel edges with other format than CSV

Post by vberten » 17 May 2016 10:17

Hi there,

With version 0.9, Is there any way to import a graph with parallel edges with another file format than CSV? I've tried to make data file with parallel/multiple edges in GDF, GML, GraphML, GEXF, but each time I get a message saying that parallel edges are merged. I manage to have parallel edges working with CSVs, but this is less convenient: I need to import the two files (nodes & edges), provide the type of data, ...

I'm currently using the nightbuild version .
Best,

V.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Parallel edges with other format than CSV

Post by eduramiba » 17 May 2016 11:39

Right, this needs to be added to all other formats as an option, now repeated edges are not supported. See https://github.com/gephi/gephi/blob/42c ... .java#L251

totetmatt

Post by totetmatt » 17 May 2016 12:37

It's possible to have it working with Gexf files.

As long as your edges describe a "kind" property like this

Code: Select all

<edge id="812" source="Ukraine" target="Australia" [b]kind="Jury"[/b] weight="5.0">
        <attvalues></attvalues>
</edge>
But not sure it's implemented properly on gexf library, so you might need to tweek yourself so that kind is a attributeof the edge and not an attvalue:(

vberten

Post by vberten » 19 May 2016 07:26

Great, thanks a lot! The "kind" was indeed not at the right place in my Gexf file.