[SOLVED] getdirected on a mixed/undirected graph?

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
febius
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] getdirected on a mixed/undirected graph?

Post by febius » 19 Aug 2010 17:03

Hello, I am barely a newcomer on gephi developing; i am dealing with an import of an Undirected graph from a graph file (graphml or gexf), once it is loaded i need to treat it as a Directed adding arcs to the existing edges (so at this point graph model is going to become a Mixedgraph).The next step is to apply PageRank (such as other metrics algorithms), but I see that it force the graph model to retrieve a directed one;

this is fully expectable because PageRank works on directed graphs but in this case what happens to my mixed graph?

undirected edges are simply considered as directed ones due to source->target attributes or new directed and reverse edges are considered too according to the target->source attribute?

Thanks

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: getdirected on a mixed/undirected graph?

Post by mbastian » 20 Aug 2010 09:17

Your undirected edges will be considered as directed edges, with source and target. No reverse edge will be created automatically.