[SOLVED] Color and attributes

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
martinusdk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Color and attributes

Post by martinusdk » 05 Aug 2010 11:35

I am new to Gephi and my question might reflect that.

How can I give the nodes color according to their attributes (e.g. gender or department)? Seems difficult - is it because I work from a .net file?

Jens

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Color and attributes

Post by admin » 06 Aug 2010 11:43

Hi,

Gephi doesn't import attributes from .net files, only the graph structure: http://gephi.org/users/supported-graph- ... et-format/

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 10 Aug 2010 11:31

Yes you can use for instance GDF or GML to add attributes to each of your nodes. Then use the Partition module to use these data to color each part in a different color.

hameleon-ed

Post by hameleon-ed » 15 Sep 2010 11:17

mbastian wrote:Yes you can use for instance GDF or GML to add attributes to each of your nodes.
What is it GDF or GML? How is it use?

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 15 Sep 2010 11:31

Jesse

Post by Jesse » 26 Oct 2010 18:27

I've used my own partitioning algorithm in R and imported the resulting network using GraphML. The partition data is an integer (0-26).

While the data is recognized for ranking, Gephi does not seem to recognize the data for partitions. It does not show up in the drop down in the partition module. Is there a way I can get it to show up as a partition.

Coloring partitions using ranking is not ideal.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 29 Oct 2010 10:09

Partition has a little trick to differentiate partitions data from columns like IDs

A column is a partition if the number of different values is not more than 9/10 of total values. In other words if you have 10 rows and 10 different values it's not a partition. If you have 5 different values in 10 rows, it is.

That's probably why Partition don't find your column