[SOLVED]How to import an undirected weighted network w/ csv?

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
boldhaus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED]How to import an undirected weighted network w/ csv?

Post by boldhaus » 16 Jul 2010 12:22

Hi again,

is there a way to import the following csv format for an undirected network into Gephi?

"first node" "second node" weight
A;B;-0.5
C;D;0.453
B;C;0.22
A;E;-0.334

Thanks again, Gunnar

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to import an undirected weighted network with csv?

Post by admin » 16 Jul 2010 13:55

Hi,

One can choose the network "interpretation" (directed or not) on the import window.

boldhaus

Post by boldhaus » 16 Jul 2010 14:53

Hi,

my question was more about the weights. If you try to import the csv file as described the weight is actually interpreted as a node.

So what I'm trying to do is the following. I want to import a weighted undirected network like

"Source node" "Target node" "weight"
A;B;-0.5
B;E;0.3

Then I want to filter positive or negative edges with the filter "Edge Weight".

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 16 Jul 2010 16:00

It's not possible in CSV format, you should use the GDF or DL format.