Generate edges based off node attributes when importing data

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
zoopthorton
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Generate edges based off node attributes when importing data

Post by zoopthorton » 03 Nov 2014 23:39

I am trying to create a graph from responses to a survey. The responses are saved in a Google Spreadsheet, which I've downloaded as a csv. I have multiple categories for each node, and I want Gephi to create those edges/links automatically, instead of having to hand make each one.

Example of how my nodes are set up:
ID - Cat1 - Cat2 - Cat3 - Cat4

Say, for Cat1 I'm looking at age range (i.e. 20-29, 30-39, ...). I have for each node the range they fall in, and I want to have a certain color/type of undirected edge connecting all nodes that fall into that range.

Is there a way to set this up?

I also would like to have different types of edges for each category, but I'll move to that later.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable