Weights ignored

Get help with your data
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Annaber
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Weights ignored

Post by Annaber » 22 Oct 2014 13:40

Hi Folks,
I have been trying to upload data in Gephi and have so far not completely succeeded. I have prepared a csv-format note and edgelist to import via the datalab. This was based on the karate club example from the question on how to create the right excel file. Everything seemed fine, until I started to look more closely at the in- and outdegree. On closer inspection I noticed that the weights were ignored by Gephi.

For instance, node 13 (Brum_brum) had 5 incoming as well as 5 outcoming ties in Gephi and in the csv-file the node had 11 incoming and 9 outgoing ties. If I disregard the weights I have added in the csv-file, it seems to fit. However, there is no error message when I upload the spreadsheets and I can view the correct weights in the datalab (after I switch to the edge view).

I wasn't able to fix this so I tried a different route and created a GDF file and was able to open this file with Gephi. However, the same problem persists, the edge weights are ignored.

Does anybody knows how to fix this? I'm a bit of a newbie and would welcome any tips you can give me! I have followed several tutorials and I end up with the same result. Maybe it something small that I am overlooking. My deadline is fast approaching and I don't know what to try next.

Many thanks!

Anna
Attachments
Edge table_MDF_Haagse Syriestrijders_final2.csv
(653Bytes)Downloaded 126 times
Node table_MDF_Haagse Syriestrijders.csv
(544Bytes)Downloaded 117 times
Haagse Syriestrijders_2.gdf
(908Bytes)Downloaded 104 times

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable